INCI name: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1
CAS Number: 448944-47-6
Molecular Formula: C43H59N13O7
Enhance skin pigmentation
Reduce skin erythema and sooth sun-ravaged skin
Reduce the occurrence of white hair and gray hair
Acetyl Hexapeptide-1, also known as Melitane, is a synthetic version of alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone, which is responsible for stimulating melanin production in the skin. Melanin is a natural pigment that gives color to the skin, hair, and eyes. Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 is known for its anti-aging and skin brightening properties, making it a popular ingredient in many skincare products.
Skin Care Benefits
1.Stimulates melanin production: Pigmentation is an essential skin protection mechanism against sun damage. Due to its capacity to absorb UV, melanin is considered a natural cellular sunscreen, neutralizing the powerful rays penetrating the skin before they reach the DNA. The activation of MC1-R on melanocytes stimulates the tyrosinase activity and then the melanin production by melanocytes. A better formation of dendrites facilitates melanin transfer into keratinocytes. The higher melanin content in the epidermis visibly increases the skin pigmentation, thus offering better internal skin protection against the harmful effects of UV.
2. Anti-aging: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 stimulates the production of collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the skin. As we age, our skin produces less collagen, resulting in wrinkles and fine lines. By increasing collagen production, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can help reduce the signs of aging and improve skin texture.
3. Skin brightening: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can help reduce the appearance of dark spots and hyperpigmentation, resulting in brighter, more even-toned skin.
3. Hydration: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can help improve the skin's moisture levels, resulting in a more hydrated and plump appearance.
4. Protection: UV rays and UV-induced free radicals are significant factors for skin cell DNA damage and are recognized as one of the most critical causes of skin aging. Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 has antioxidant properties, which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals and UV radiation, limiting photoaging caused by sun overexposure.
5. Soothing effect: Generations of inflammatory mediators such as cytokines and prostaglandins lead to visible manifestations such as redness, sunburns, and swelling. The activation of MC1-R on keratinocytes triggers an anti-inflammatory process. The skin is then significantly protected from the appearance of UV-induced erythema.
6. Tan accelerator: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 boosts a natural or an artificial tan.
Hair Care Benefits
Hair follicles produce the hair fiber that becomes pigmented as a result of melanin synthesis and its transfer from melanocytes into keratinocytes. As we age, the hair follicles produce less melanin, progressively hair become gray.
Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 is developed to fight hair's aging process: stimulate pigmentation, darken hair and reverse the gray hair process. Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 stimulates melanin synthesis by melanocytes and also favors melanin transfer from melanocytes into keratinocytes. It decreases the number of white and low-pigmented cells and increases the number of moderate and highly-pigmented cells in hair bulbs.
Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can be used in hairspray to reduce the occurrence of white hair and gray hair for those who have problems with Premature Hair Graying or premature white hair.
1. In case of developing a product that wants to reduce graying of hair should be in a form that does not make use of Contact with skin that doesn't want to darken, for example, avoid making the product in spray form. Because when spraying on the scalp May cause some droplets to fall onto the surface.
2. Due to the behavior of this peptide, it will not be able to make hair gray. back to black, but Will affect only new hair growth.
Serums: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can be found in serums that are designed to target specific skin concerns, such as anti-aging or skin brightening.
Brightening Essence, Boosting Essence, Sculpting Serum, Anti Aging Serum, Wrinkle Resist Serum, Scar Serum, Regeneration Serum, Ultra-Repair Serum, Plumping Serum,
Tightening & Brightening Face Serum
Moisturizers: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can be added to moisturizers to help improve hydration and reduce the signs of aging.
Boost Moisturiser, Daily Beauty Cream Moisturizer, Antioxidant Moisturizer, Regenerating Moisturizer, Smoothing Moisturizer
Eye creams: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can be found in eye creams that are designed to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
Wrinkle Resist Eye Cream
Masks: Acetyl Hexapeptide-1 can be added to sheet masks or leave-on masks to provide a brightening or anti-aging boost to the skin.
Face Mask, Clay Mask
Hair care products: Anti-gray Hair Serum, Topical Scalp Supplement
Sunscreens: Sun Cream Face SPF 50, Sun Cream Body SPF 30, UV-bronze Tan Activating Anti-aging Sun Oil SPF30, Aging Defense Sunscreen Drops
Creams: Anti-Aging Cream, Night Cream, Firming Cream, Ultra Hydrating Cream, Wrinkle Smoother
Lotions: Natural Sunscreen Lotion, Tan Accelerating Lotion, Firming Lotion, Anti-Aging Repair Milk
Cleanser: Cleansing Gel, Acne Clearel Gel, Face Cream Cleanser
Oils: Glow Oil, Face Oil
Others: Mascara, Rehydrating Repair Balm, Cushion Foundation